Tuesday 2 March 2010

Robin Woodford

My name is Robin Woodford, I spent my early years in a farm cottage on the edge of Savernake Forest near Marlborough, which gave me my love of the countryside which is reflected in the rural images of my paintings. When I married I moved to Swindon and I have lived here ever since.

I have always had an interest in art and enjoyed drawing and painting all my life.
What inspires me most as an artist is the satisfaction I get from reproducing my own interpretation of a subject and I, like most artists also enjoy the appreciation of my work by my friends and customers.
I enjoy water colour for its atmosphere and acrylic for its vibrant colours. Acrylics are very versatile and can be used in a similar style to either water colour or oil paints.
Although I like to paint traditional landscapes I also enjoy the freedom of abstract artwork and often combine them into semi-abstract paintings.
I sometimes find that my work follows a theme and I paint several different scenes of the same subject. I have for example painted a series of paintings at different locations of the Kennett and Avon canal. I seem to have a liking of painting waterscapes and water features in lots of my paintings.
My style is fairly traditional watercolour and even my acrylic paintings are painted in a similar style and could be mistaken for watercolours.
I am very much influenced by my two favourite artist’s Constable and Turner.
I have a large selection of subject matter that I have collected over the years.
If I have a commission to paint I may be able to find inspiration from this. Mostly however a commission is of a particular place so I visit the site, do drawings and take photographs to be used for reference and then I complete the painting in my studio.
My paintings have been widely purchased and are in private collections in Britain Germany, USA and Australia
Commissions are undertaken on request.
Contact: Robin Woodford
Tel: 01793 723158
Email: pictures4u@robinsart.wanadoo.co.uk









No comments:

Post a Comment

Slideshow